From: Steve on
John,

Appreciate the directions, I believe I understand the method.
Thank you,

Steve

From: mred on
On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 10:45:08 -0500, "Don"
<burnettedclothes(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>"John Pollard" <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Don wrote:
>>> "John Pollard" <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote in message

I have same issue, old transaction that are not candidates for
matches.
I tried the above it didn't work for me Quicken 2009??

--

mred

From: Steve on
Mred,
It worked for me fine. When you went to the actual transaction in the
register and opened the posting dialog box with the CTRL Copy and added the
missing date did you check the box next to it as downloaded?

Steve

From: mred on
On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 10:46:18 -0400, "Steve" <mrcvn(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>Mred,
>It worked for me fine. When you went to the actual transaction in the
>register and opened the posting dialog box with the CTRL Copy and added the
>missing date did you check the box next to it as downloaded?
>
>Steve

Steve.

I was trying to do that in the accept transactions box, not the
register. I guess I misread John's instructions. I do see now how that
works in the register now.
Thanks
--

mred

From: Don on

"John Pollard" <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
> Don wrote:
>> I download my financial data, for my checking account, directly from
>> my bank's website, into Quicken Deluxe 08.
>> When I have to manually match a transaction, I choose that, and it
>> opens a little window, for me to find the transaction I am manually
>> matching, and I select it. For the most part, most transactions match
>> automatically, but occasionally I will need to do a manual match.
>>
>> Ok, so in that manual match window, there are a couple of older
>> transactions, that go back to 07, that it still shows an an open
>> transaction I guess, that really should not be there, as my data is
>> current and reconciled daily when I do my download.
>
>> Is there any way, that I can get rid of these two transactions, so
>> they no longer show up as options to choose from, in the manually
>> match window?
>
> Yes there is. You need to tell Quicken that those transactions were
> already downloaded.
>
> Right-click one of those transactions, then hold down CTRL and left-click
> "Copy transaction". In the resultiing dialog, check the "Downloaded" box
> and put a date in the "Posting date" field. Click OK.
>
> Do the same to any transaction that should not be a candidate to match any
> downloaded transaction.
>
> --

Hey John,

Just wanted to report back, I got an opportunity to identify and find these
two transactions, that were continually showing up in my manual match
window, and did as you suggested - worked beautifully!

Many thanks for that, I would have never figured that one out!

--
Don