From: Mudassar Mehboob on
Hi

I want to decode DTMF from the anlog input acquired by a NI DAQ. can any one help me with an example or with some thing very descriptive and comprehensive because i m new to labview and this would be a great help for me to start.

Regards
Mudassar Mehboob
From: Mudassar Mehboob on
Hi
Reading the data from DAQ and taking its fourier transform is ok i have got no difficulty up to this step. The problem arises how to pick that data up from the FFT block and display it on something like a seven segment display or to store it in some variable.
Hope you understand and help
Thanks in advance for your help
Regards
Mudassar Mehboob
From: bjorn1985 on
I don't want to give too much information here :smileywink:but try to convert the Fourier waveform to an array and find the highest signal. Compare the array to the waveform as I have had some difficulties with this conversion. Then, you can compare the frequency you've found to the DTMF frequencies.
From: Mudassar Mehboob on
Thanks for your reply
just tell me one thing i have searched the discussion forum with they keyword dtmf. I have found that there is an example vi named as simphone.vi could u please tell me where is it exactly located in the labview directory because i have searched for it  but i could'nt find it out.
hope you wont feel (uuhh! these begginers ask too much questions)
Regards
From: David Crawford on
Mudassar Mehboob

Don't worry about that. We were all beginners at some point.

I couldn't find Sim Phone in LV8.0 but it was there in LV7.1 so I bundled it into a .llb for you. I also found DTMF_decode.zip on my PC. I must have picked it up from somewhere. Its for a sound card but you should be able to adapt it to use your DAQ card.

In the end I bought one of these <a href="http://209.51.151.50/ASCIItoDTMF.html" target="_blank">http://209.51.151.50/ASCIItoDTMF.html</a>&nbsp;to handle DTMF comms. Made life much easier for me at the time. Never looked back.:smileyvery-happy:
&nbsp;
David

DTMF_Decoder.zip:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/189362/1/DTMF_Decoder.zip