From: young_gus on
I have two computers both connected to the internet via a wireless router.
When I log into my laptop the following message pops up "duplicate name found
on the network". This is really annoying and I am concerned this may be
slowing down my internet connection.

I would be most grateful for any assistance with this problem. Alas I am not
the most technically minded.

Kind Regards

From: Robert L [MVP - Networking] on
Posting the result of ipconfig /all on both computers may help. Or check this troubleshooting,

System ErrorsSystem error 52 - You were not connected because a duplicate name exists on the network. System error 53 - The network path was not found ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/systemerrors.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE