From: Martin Gerhold on
XP home (SP2): Every time I try to view any network connection properties, I get
the "an unexpected error has occurred" message. I have tried every answer to
this i can find on the web (the most common being that at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824923) to no avail. I have removed all network
devices from Device Manager and let Windows re-discover them (rather hairy, as I
then totally rely on the automatic configuration working). I have restored back
to the earliest point I had (only a few weeks - no good). I have tried tracking
what is being called using Regmon, but there's so much registry activity I can't
make sense of it. I can find no useful messages in Event viewer.

Can anyone recommend anything before I repair-install XP (which i may put off,
as the network is at least working)? TIA, Martin