From: morog on

Error Userenv ID:1085

In my case I have this Description:
-"Source: Userenv, ID 1085
The Group Policy client-side extension Internet Explorer Zonemapping failed
to execute.
In http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898062/en-us there is next description :
-"Source: Userenv, ID 1085
The Group Policy client-side extension IP Security failed to execute. Please
look for any errors reported earlier by that extension."
This event is logged even though no serious error occurred.
-Any difference between them , or this is the same.
NB. I have Windows XP SP2, x86 based version.

How I can fix it, or I can ignore safelly this error mesage.

morog

From: morog on
I ask for help and answer 5 days ago , but sice now not even (1) post.
I'd like to troubleshoot this error.According User Action to troubleshoot
client-side extention falure, try to re-register all listed dll. files-
succssed with all except Appmgmts.dll- this one cannot be re-registered.Ask
from friends to check this file- all of them received same message as me- but
they have not Userenv 1085 Error in Event Viewer /Applications.
Once again most kindly ask for answer how to troubleshhot this inconvinient,
or information if only with proper Hotfix can be sorted.

--
morog

From: MOCEwez on
Hi,

I have the same problem on multiple workstations.
I noticed that all our scecli.dll versions are 5.1.2600.2180 even though we
are completely up to date. According to KB 898062 it should be 5.1.2600.2661
for SP2.

I just contacted microsoft (by phone) and asked for the hotfix mentioned in
KB 898062. I should get an email soon with the details of how to download the
hotfix.

Fingers crossed!

I will let you now if the hotfix helped or not.

From: Rixter on
My SCECLI.DLL is at version 5.1.2600.2180 even though I'm at SP2 and fully
patched. How'd the hotfix work for you?