From: Matt Porter on
I just installed eVC++ 4 for use with a Pocket PC 2003 and I'm getting this
error:

"Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++ has discovered no CE platform SDK installed
on the desktop. Please install at least one CE platform SDK before launching
Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++."

I have installed the Pocket PC 2003 SDK in the same directory with the
Windows CE Tools.

I've been using eVC++ 3 just fine. I installed eVC 4 in a different folder
so I could run either 3 or 4.

How can I fix this problem?

From: r_z_aret on
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:46:10 -0600, "Matt Porter"
<matt(a)americansys.com> wrote:

>I just installed eVC++ 4 for use with a Pocket PC 2003 and I'm getting this
>error:
>
>"Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++ has discovered no CE platform SDK installed
>on the desktop. Please install at least one CE platform SDK before launching
>Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++."
>
>I have installed the Pocket PC 2003 SDK in the same directory with the
>Windows CE Tools.

This is a somewhat ambiguous statement. If you've put all the SDKs in
exactly the same folder, I think you'll have a problem. If you've put
each SDK in a separate folder, with all _those_ folders in the same
folder. Here is the arrangement on my computers:

Windows CE Tools
wce300
MS Pocket PC
MS Pocket PC 2002
Smartphone 2002
wce420
Pocket PC 2003
Smartphone 2003

>I've been using eVC++ 3 just fine. I installed eVC 4 in a different folder
>so I could run either 3 or 4.

To reduce the number of unknowns a bit: it is definitely to have both
run on one computer.

>How can I fix this problem?

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: r_z_aret on
On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:12:24 -0500, r_z_aret(a)pen_fact.com wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:46:10 -0600, "Matt Porter"
><matt(a)americansys.com> wrote:

clip

>To reduce the number of unknowns a bit: it is definitely to have both
>run on one computer.

Oops. Should be "it is definitely possible to have ..."

>>How can I fix this problem?

>To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and please indicate which newsgroup and message).
>
>Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
>PenFact, Inc.
>20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
>Boston, MA 02116
>www.penfact.com

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: Matt Porter on
Thank you for responding. I apologize for not being more clear. Here is a
directory listing of what my C:\Windows CE Tools folder looks like.

Activesync
Atl
BIN
Debug
Emulation
eVC4
Help
Htmlhelp
Include
Install_files
Lib
Mfc
Resources
Samples
Support
Target
Tools
wce211
wce300
Wizards
MSCREATE
MSManifest
pocket pc 2003 sdk eula
pspc12readme
readme
uninstlw.dll
Uninstw.isu

>To reduce the number of unknowns a bit: it is definitely to have both run
>on one computer

I do have both running on one PC. eVC 3 runs fine. eVC4 does not start due
to the error I previously mentioned.

Any help you can give will be appreciated.

Matt

From: r_z_aret on
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:16:18 -0600, "Matt Porter"
<matt(a)americansys.com> wrote:

>Thank you for responding. I apologize for not being more clear. Here is a
>directory listing of what my C:\Windows CE Tools folder looks like.
>
>Activesync
>Atl
>BIN
>Debug
>Emulation
>eVC4
>Help
>Htmlhelp
>Include
>Install_files
>Lib
>Mfc
>Resources
>Samples
>Support
>Target
>Tools
>wce211
>wce300
>Wizards
>MSCREATE
>MSManifest
>pocket pc 2003 sdk eula
>pspc12readme
>readme
>uninstlw.dll
>Uninstw.isu

I see a EULA (end user license agreement) for the Pocket PC 2003 SDK,
but no sign of the actual SDK. Does it show in Add/Remove programs (in
Control Panel)?

Did you install the Pocket PC 2003 SDK _before_ you installed eVC 4?
If so, that may well be your problem, and I think the solution is to
1) remove eVC 4
2) remove the Pocket PC 2003 SDK
3) install eVC 4
4) install Pocket PC 2003 SDK
NOTE: order matters.

>>To reduce the number of unknowns a bit: it is definitely to have both run
>>on one computer
>
>I do have both running on one PC. eVC 3 runs fine. eVC4 does not start due
>to the error I previously mentioned.
>
>Any help you can give will be appreciated.
>
>Matt
>

><r_z_aret(a)pen_fact.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:46:10 -0600, "Matt Porter"
>> <matt(a)americansys.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I just installed eVC++ 4 for use with a Pocket PC 2003 and I'm getting
>>>this
>>>error:
>>>
>>>"Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++ has discovered no CE platform SDK installed
>>>on the desktop. Please install at least one CE platform SDK before
>>>launching
>>>Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++."
>>>
>>>I have installed the Pocket PC 2003 SDK in the same directory with the
>>>Windows CE Tools.
>>
>> This is a somewhat ambiguous statement. If you've put all the SDKs in
>> exactly the same folder, I think you'll have a problem. If you've put
>> each SDK in a separate folder, with all _those_ folders in the same
>> folder. Here is the arrangement on my computers:
>>
>> Windows CE Tools
>> wce300
>> MS Pocket PC
>> MS Pocket PC 2002
>> Smartphone 2002
>> wce420
>> Pocket PC 2003
>> Smartphone 2003
>>

>>>I've been using eVC++ 3 just fine. I installed eVC 4 in a different
>>>folder
>>>so I could run either 3 or 4.
>>
>> To reduce the number of unknowns a bit: it is definitely to have both
>> run on one computer.
>>

>>>How can I fix this problem?

>> To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and
>> please indicate which newsgroup and message).
>>
>> Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
>> PenFact, Inc.
>> 20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
>> Boston, MA 02116