From: John Doe on
Can anyone point me at an easy to use slideshow extension for Dreamweaver MX
version 6.0 (I know it's old but all I could afford), that will allow me to
add an automatic slideshow of a folder of images (would they all have to be
the same dimensions?) to a webpage? I would prefer if it did not have to
use layers . . .

From: Duncan Kennedy on
In message <HkTmn.44554$Dv7.10569(a)newsfe17.iad>, John Doe
<someone(a)microsoft.com> writes
>Can anyone point me at an easy to use slideshow extension for Dreamweaver MX
>version 6.0 (I know it's old but all I could afford), that will allow me to
>add an automatic slideshow of a folder of images (would they all have to be
>the same dimensions?) to a webpage? I would prefer if it did not have to
>use layers . . .

Sorry I don't know about Dreamweaver 6 for that - perhaps somebody else
will come up with it. But do you have access to Photoshop? - I've used
Photoshop to make a slide show, completed with HTML - that can be
included very easily.

(I know MS FrontPage does it using a serverside includes but that is
something else.)

Photoshop Elements will make a PDF slideshow which could be included but
that needs downloaded and makes a single rather large file even if you
set the compression for screen, so probably not the answer.

Flash will do a nice smallish file if you can get your hands on a copy.
There are free and cheap alternatives too.

--
Duncan K
Downtown Dalgety Bay