From: egildone on
I have a stock symbol MED in A1. In A2 I have inserted the following link:

http://www.investors.com/StockResearch/StockCheckup.aspx?symbol=

I want to concatenate the symbol in A1 into the hyper link in A2 like
shown below so that the link will show the data for the stock symbol MED.

http://www.investors.com/StockResearch/StockCheckup.aspx?symbol=MED

Is this possible?

Example
A1 A2
MED hyperlink

Ed
From: Don Guillett on
Instead of a hyperlink why not just double click on the symbol desired.
right click sheet tab>view code>insert this>you may want to restrict the
cell range
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:= _
"http://www.investors.com/StockResearch/StockCheckup.aspx?symbol=Target"
End Sub
OR, use and external query and if you have many do a loop to get info for
all. I do this for clients often.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

From: Luke M on
=HYPERLINK(A2&A1,"My Link")

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"egildone" <edmelba(a)spam.cox.net> wrote in message
>I have a stock symbol MED in A1. In A2 I have inserted the following link:
>
> http://www.investors.com/StockResearch/StockCheckup.aspx?symbol=
>
> I want to concatenate the symbol in A1 into the hyper link in A2 like
> shown below so that the link will show the data for the stock symbol MED.
>
> http://www.investors.com/StockResearch/StockCheckup.aspx?symbol=MED
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Example
> A1 A2