From: Ted Wager on

Have just installed electricsheep and now I cannot get compiz cube to run.
Wobbly windows is ok but find that ctrl-alt does not rotate the
cube..Starting compiz from the command line does not give me any errors..
Anyone else had this problem and if so any cures ?

--
Regards
Ted Wager
From: Nix on
On 25 Jan 2010, Ted Wager spake thusly:

> Have just installed electricsheep and now I cannot get compiz cube to run.
> Wobbly windows is ok but find that ctrl-alt does not rotate the
> cube..Starting compiz from the command line does not give me any errors..
> Anyone else had this problem and if so any cures ?

Electricsheep runs mplayer to display its images. mplayer may well be
defaulting to an OpenGL visual, in which case you should go into
electricsheep-preferences and set the video driver to 'xv'.
('mplayer -vo help' will give you a list.)

In general, unless you're using KMS and DRI2 (which means latest Fedora
and Intel video card, or Radeon and you did it yourself and don't need
my help), you've got a choice of using compiz (compositing effects) *or*
getting 3D. You can't do both. (With KMS, you can, because finally all
the 3D and 2D stuff is going through a single place rather than taking
two quite different paths that don't know about each other.)
From: Ted Wager on
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:50:29 +0000, Nix wrote:

> On 25 Jan 2010, Ted Wager spake thusly:
>

>> Have just installed electricsheep and now I cannot get compiz cube to
>> run. Wobbly windows is ok but find that ctrl-alt does not rotate the
>> cube..Starting compiz from the command line does not give me any
>> errors..
>> Anyone else had this problem and if so any cures ?
>
> Electricsheep runs mplayer to display its images. mplayer may well be
> defaulting to an OpenGL visual, in which case you should go into
> electricsheep-preferences and set the video driver to 'xv'. ('mplayer
> -vo help' will give you a list.)
>
> In general, unless you're using KMS and DRI2 (which means latest Fedora
> and Intel video card, or Radeon and you did it yourself and don't need
> my help), you've got a choice of using compiz (compositing effects) *or*
> getting 3D. You can't do both. (With KMS, you can, because finally all
> the 3D and 2D stuff is going through a single place rather than taking
> two quite different paths that don't know about each other.)

Thanks for the reply...
As a last resort I purged sheep and compiz then installed sheep and got
it going ok and then installed compiz and all now works ok..

--
Regards
Ted Wager

Pages: 1