From: the mechanic on
window will not update keep getting error 80070940, they say you need to do a
repair install of windows vista what do you do if you don't have the vista
dvd?
From: Engel on
Hello mechanic,

How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware
<http://support.microsoft.com/?id=326246>

Good luck
-=-

From: TaurArian on
the mechanic wrote:
:: window will not update keep getting error 80070940, they say you
:: need to do a repair install of windows vista what do you do if you
:: don't have the vista dvd?

Why don't you have a Vista DVD. You should have been provided with some
means of restoring your system with either Recovery Disks or a Vista DVD.
For OEM versions, you'll need to contact the manufacturer/retailer.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
See
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/589541084a5eeab6
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

From: jrobo on
I managed to install the clean up utility, but, like most of us, I could not
find .NET Framework 2.0 in the list to remove it. Help! How come Microsoft
hasn't come up with a reasonable response for those of us who are still
suffering?!! How long till they come through??