From: vielkacr on
Hello,

I installed 2 virtual machines:
Server A: Windows 2003, SQL Server 2005 SP1
Server B: Windows 2003, MOSS 2007 in spanish

I'm using Windows Authentication to connecto to the Database, and they are
in the company's domain.

I created a Publishing Portal, to create a portal. I was trying to create a
new news page in the default site, and when I clicked the Send to approval,
the portal failed and received the following error:

Unable to connect to SQL Server session database. The connection string
(server='<server A>', database='SharedServices1_DB') was returned by an
instance of the IPartitionResolver type
'Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.SqlSessionStateResolver,
Microsoft.Office.Server, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c'.

Now I cannot view the portal at all.

Any ideas?
From: Henkka on
I had the same problem. This is how i fixed it:
1. On my SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, below Security - Logins I
located the user that represents my web server, DOMAIN\MACHINE$.
2. Right-click the DOMAIN\MACHINE$, choose User Mapping.
3. Map the SharedServices1_DB. check the roles db_owner and public.
4. Click OK and you're set!