From: Muttok on
We are trying to add the Outlook Web Access webparts to our SharePoint Server
2007 portal, but with no luck.

When we try to add som parts (inbox, calendar, contacts, etc) we only get
this error message:

Unable to add selected web part(s).
My Inbox: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: serverContext

From the error log it says:
Failed to add webpart
http%253A%252F%252Fintranett%252Epathfinder%252Eas%252F%255Fcatalogs%252Fwp%252Fowainbox%252Edwp;My%2520Inbox.
Exception Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartPageUserException: Value
cannot be null. Parameter name: serverContext --->
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name:
serverContext at
Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileManager..ctor(ServerContext
serverContext, Boolean IgnoreUserPrivacy, Boolean backwardCompatible) at
Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileManager..ctor(ServerContext
serverContext, Boolean IgnoreUserPrivacy) at
Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ProfileLoader.EnsureUserProfile() at
Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ProfileLoader.GetUserProfile() at
Microsoft.SharePo...
....int.Portal.WebControls.OWAPartBase.OnInit(EventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at
System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at
System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPartManager.WebPartManagerControlCollection.AddWebPartHelper(WebPart
webPart) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPartManager.WebPartManagerControlCollection.AddWebPart(WebPart
webPart) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPartManager.AddWebPart(WebPart webPart)
at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPartManagerInternals.AddWebPart(WebPart
webPart) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.AddWebPartWithRetry(WebPart webPart) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPa...
....rtPages.SPWebPartManager.AddDynamicWebPart(WebPart webPart) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.LoadWebPart(WebPart
aspWebPart, String zoneId, Int32 zoneIndex, Boolean isClosed) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.AddWebPartInternalShared(WebPart
webPart) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.AddWebPartInternal(SPSupersetWebPart
superset, Boolean throwIfLocked) --- End of inner exception stack trace
--- at
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.AddWebPartInternal(SPSupersetWebPart
superset, Boolean throwIfLocked) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.AddWebPartInternal(SPSupersetWebPart
superset) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartQuickAdd.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler...
.....RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

We are runing the following:
10.0.0.11 - Windows server 2003 w/ MOSS 2007 & Exchange 2003
10.0.0.12 - Windows server 2003 w/ SQLServer 2005

From: Graeme Evans on
We too are having this problem.

windows server 2003 with wssv3 then moos 2007 installed and upgraded (trial)

as i add the same error happens.

Graeme

From: farook.mansoor on
You need to set up a Shared Service Provider (SSP) on the server
before you can use the OWA webparts.

To set up SSP:

- open 'SharePoint Central Admin'
- 'Application Management' tab
- in 'Office SharePoint Server Shared Services' section, click on
'Create or configure this farms shared services'
- click on 'New SSP'
- complete all the fields and let SharePoint create the SSP

This will provide SharePoint with the serverContext parameter needed
for the webpart.

Good luck!