From: dev on
My VB6 COM dll (running on Windows 2003 Server "APP_SRVR") attempts to
fax a PDF file by connecting to the Fax Server (Windows 2003 Server
"FAX_SRVR"), but it fails on the call to ConnectedSubmit, returning
error code 800710D8 ("The object identifier does not represent a valid
object"). According to Microsoft
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841714), this error results when
the fax printer is not installed, which is not the case here.

Server FAX_SRVR contains the fax-modem device(s) and they are shared on
the network with security group EVERYONE allowed to print.

Server APP_SRVR has FAX_SRVR\fax device configured in Printers and
Faxes and can send test faxes manually with no problem.

My VB code can send a fax containing ONLY one of the predefined cover
pages with no problem. When I attach a PDF file via the
FaxDocument.Body property, the FaxDocument.ConnectedSubmit() method
fails with the error mentioned above.

Adobe Acrobat is installed on SVR_A_APP and supports the PrintTo verb,
so it's not a file type association problem.

I have tried .TXT files and multiple file system locations as well,
thinking that there might be a file security problem, but that didn't
help.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Pages: 1
Prev: sptimer.mem
Next: msxml3.dll error '80072f78'