From: just1coder on
I use XMLHTTP to make a POST to a CGI web service ... but get the
following error on Windows Server 2003 but not 2000.

msxml3.dll error '80072f78' The server returned an invalid or
unrecognized response

I have found this:

This is what microsoft sent to us as the explanation:
You will notice HTTP/1.1 200 OK / 200 OK Status headers were sent
twice.
HTTP Protocol only requires sending status header once. Win2003
security
feature in HTTP connection will detect it and complain it.
The issue will only happen on win2003 machine as client since other
version for winhttp/ServerXMLHTTP didn't implement this security
restriction feature. But the cause of it is CGI (PProSL.exe) side
instead of client side.

The fix will be on the CGI server side. CGI program is not supposed to
send the HTTP/1.X 200 status code twice.

Does anyone know of a work around for this? I can not change the CGI
script in my example...