From: cconnell_1 on
Hello
I have just installed solaris 10 on 3 x4200's one of them is
complaining with the message

mpt0: unknown event 16 received

I think this could be a disk problem? But im not sure.
I cant see which disk it is if thats the case

As from /etc/path_to_inst

"/pci@0,0/pci1022,7450@2/pci1000,3060@3" 0 "mpt"
"/pci@0,0/pci1022,7450@2/pci1000,3060@3/sd@0,0" 3 "sd"
"/pci@0,0/pci1022,7450@2/pci1000,3060@3/sd@1,0" 4 "sd"
"/pci@0,0/pci1022,7450@2/pci1000,3060@3/sd@2,0" 5 "sd"
"/pci@0,0/pci1022,7450@2/pci1000,3060@3/sd@3,0" 6 "sd"

So does this mean the disk controller is giving the error?
Thanks for any pointers

From: sil on
On Apr 17, 10:54 am, cconnel...(a)lycos.com wrote:
> Hello
> I have just installed solaris 10 on 3 x4200's one of them is
> complaining with the message
>
> mpt0: unknown event 16 received
>
> I think this could be a disk problem? But im not sure.
> I cant see which disk it is if thats the case
>
> As from /etc/path_to_inst
>
> "/pci@0,0/pci1022,7450@2/pci1000,3060@3" 0 "mpt"
> "/pci@0,0/pci1022,7450@2/pci1000,3060@3/sd@0,0" 3 "sd"
> "/pci@0,0/pci1022,7450@2/pci1000,3060@3/sd@1,0" 4 "sd"
> "/pci@0,0/pci1022,7450@2/pci1000,3060@3/sd@2,0" 5 "sd"
> "/pci@0,0/pci1022,7450@2/pci1000,3060@3/sd@3,0" 6 "sd"
>
> So does this mean the disk controller is giving the error?
> Thanks for any pointers

Try the following patch 177344-02

From: cconnell_1 on
On 17 Apr, 17:38, sil <dsphunx...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 17, 10:54 am, cconnel...(a)lycos.com wrote:
>

> > Hello
> > I have just installed solaris 10 on 3 x4200's one of them is
> > complaining with the message
>
> > mpt0: unknown event 16 received
>
> > I think this could be a disk problem? But im not sure.
> > I cant see which disk it is if thats the case
>
> > As from /etc/path_to_inst
>
> > "/pci@0,0/pci1022,7450@2/pci1000,3060@3" 0 "mpt"
> > "/pci@0,0/pci1022,7450@2/pci1000,3060@3/sd@0,0" 3 "sd"
> > "/pci@0,0/pci1022,7450@2/pci1000,3060@3/sd@1,0" 4 "sd"
> > "/pci@0,0/pci1022,7450@2/pci1000,3060@3/sd@2,0" 5 "sd"
> > "/pci@0,0/pci1022,7450@2/pci1000,3060@3/sd@3,0" 6 "sd"
>
> > So does this mean the disk controller is giving the error?
> > Thanks for any pointers
>
> Try the following patch 177344-02- Hide quoted text -

Hello,
Is this for sol 10x86 ? I cannot find any information on this patch
Thanks