From: ehabaziz2001 on
I am trying to add a line serial port printer so previously it was
defined on Solaris 8 as /dev/lp1 . All Cables are connected . Now on
Solaris 10 I got that message :

New Attached Printer
% /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p lsr -v /dev/lp1 -A write -n /usr/lib/lp/model/
ppd/system/foomatic/HP/HP-LaserJet_6L-hpijs.ppd.gz -i /usr/lib/lp/
model/standard_foomatic -o banner=never -I postscript -u allow:all
% /usr/sbin/lpadmin -d lsr
% /usr/bin/enable lsr
% /usr/sbin/accept lsr
UX:lpadmin: WARNING: "/dev/lp1" is accessible by others.
TO FIX: If other users can access it you may get
unwanted output. If this is not what you
want change the owner to "lp" and change
the mode to 0600.
Processing continues.
UX:enable: ERROR: Can't establish contact with the LP print service.
TO FIX: Either the LP print service has stopped,
or all message channels are busy. If the
problem continues, get help from your
system administrator.
UX:accept: ERROR: Can't establish contact with the LP print service.
TO FIX: Either the LP print service has stopped,
or all message channels are busy. If the
problem continues, get help from your
system administrator.
***

From: Richard B. Gilbert on
ehabaziz2001(a)gmail.com wrote:
> I am trying to add a line serial port printer so previously it was
> defined on Solaris 8 as /dev/lp1 . All Cables are connected . Now on
> Solaris 10 I got that message :
>
> New Attached Printer
> % /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p lsr -v /dev/lp1 -A write -n /usr/lib/lp/model/
> ppd/system/foomatic/HP/HP-LaserJet_6L-hpijs.ppd.gz -i /usr/lib/lp/
> model/standard_foomatic -o banner=never -I postscript -u allow:all
> % /usr/sbin/lpadmin -d lsr
> % /usr/bin/enable lsr
> % /usr/sbin/accept lsr
> UX:lpadmin: WARNING: "/dev/lp1" is accessible by others.
> TO FIX: If other users can access it you may get
> unwanted output. If this is not what you
> want change the owner to "lp" and change
> the mode to 0600.
> Processing continues.
> UX:enable: ERROR: Can't establish contact with the LP print service.
> TO FIX: Either the LP print service has stopped,
> or all message channels are busy. If the
> problem continues, get help from your
> system administrator.
> UX:accept: ERROR: Can't establish contact with the LP print service.
> TO FIX: Either the LP print service has stopped,
> or all message channels are busy. If the
> problem continues, get help from your
> system administrator.
> ***

I don't believe that "/dev/lp1" is a serial port!

From: ehabaziz2001 on
On Jun 15, 10:15 pm, "Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilber...(a)comcast.net>
wrote:
> ehabaziz2...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> > I am trying to add a line serial port printer so previously it was
> > defined on Solaris 8 as /dev/lp1 . All Cables are connected . Now on
> > Solaris 10 I got that message :
>
> > New Attached Printer
> > % /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p lsr -v /dev/lp1 -A write -n /usr/lib/lp/model/
> > ppd/system/foomatic/HP/HP-LaserJet_6L-hpijs.ppd.gz -i /usr/lib/lp/
> > model/standard_foomatic -o banner=never -I postscript -u allow:all
> > % /usr/sbin/lpadmin -d lsr
> > % /usr/bin/enable lsr
> > % /usr/sbin/accept lsr
> > UX:lpadmin: WARNING: "/dev/lp1" is accessible by others.
> > TO FIX: If other users can access it you may get
> > unwanted output. If this is not what you
> > want change the owner to "lp" and change
> > the mode to 0600.
> > Processing continues.
> > UX:enable: ERROR: Can't establish contact with the LP print service.
> > TO FIX: Either the LP print service has stopped,
> > or all message channels are busy. If the
> > problem continues, get help from your
> > system administrator.
> > UX:accept: ERROR: Can't establish contact with the LP print service.
> > TO FIX: Either the LP print service has stopped,
> > or all message channels are busy. If the
> > problem continues, get help from your
> > system administrator.
> > ***
>
> I don't believe that "/dev/lp1" is a serial port!

Oka I tried all possible ports displayed and non of them works . What
can I do to recognize my port name ?

From: Andrew Gabriel on
In article <1181976720.644232.40880(a)n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
ehabaziz2001(a)gmail.com writes:

> Oka I tried all possible ports displayed and non of them works . What
> can I do to recognize my port name ?

What port on the system are you using?
COM1 is /dev/term/a, COM2 is /dev/term/b, PRN1 is /dev/lp1.

--
Andrew Gabriel
From: Richard B. Gilbert on
ehabaziz2001(a)gmail.com wrote:
> On Jun 15, 10:15 pm, "Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilber...(a)comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>>ehabaziz2...(a)gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>>I am trying to add a line serial port printer so previously it was
>>>defined on Solaris 8 as /dev/lp1 . All Cables are connected . Now on
>>>Solaris 10 I got that message :
>>
>>>New Attached Printer
>>>% /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p lsr -v /dev/lp1 -A write -n /usr/lib/lp/model/
>>>ppd/system/foomatic/HP/HP-LaserJet_6L-hpijs.ppd.gz -i /usr/lib/lp/
>>>model/standard_foomatic -o banner=never -I postscript -u allow:all
>>>% /usr/sbin/lpadmin -d lsr
>>>% /usr/bin/enable lsr
>>>% /usr/sbin/accept lsr
>>>UX:lpadmin: WARNING: "/dev/lp1" is accessible by others.
>>> TO FIX: If other users can access it you may get
>>> unwanted output. If this is not what you
>>> want change the owner to "lp" and change
>>> the mode to 0600.
>>> Processing continues.
>>>UX:enable: ERROR: Can't establish contact with the LP print service.
>>> TO FIX: Either the LP print service has stopped,
>>> or all message channels are busy. If the
>>> problem continues, get help from your
>>> system administrator.
>>>UX:accept: ERROR: Can't establish contact with the LP print service.
>>> TO FIX: Either the LP print service has stopped,
>>> or all message channels are busy. If the
>>> problem continues, get help from your
>>> system administrator.
>>>***
>>
>>I don't believe that "/dev/lp1" is a serial port!
>

> Oka I tried all possible ports displayed and non of them works . What
> can I do to recognize my port name ?

I don't have the time to check it this morning but ISTR that mine is "ttya".

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: error with mpt0
Next: pinstall false alerts