From: Thomas Glanzmann on
Hello,
today I installed Solaris 10 08/07 via jumpstart. It complains about the
following three packages with the error message "WARNING: Unknown package
ignored". But this package is not only on the original media but also installed
by the very same jumpstart installation that complains about it. So now
I want to know where this error comes from. I already tracked it down to
the binary blob pinstall. Is the source of pinstall available or where
can I find the catalog file that pinstall accesses?

Processing default locales
- Specifying default locale (en_US.ISO8859-1)

Processing profile
- Selecting cluster (SUNWCprog)
- Selecting package (SUNWaccu)
- Selecting package (SUNWaccr)
WARNING: Unknown package ignored (SUNWi2cs)
WARNING: Unknown package ignored (SUNWceuos)
WARNING: Unknown package ignored (SUNWdeiso1)
- Selecting locale (en_US.ISO8859-1)
- Selecting all disks
- Configuring boot device
- Configuring / (c0t1d0s0)
- Configuring swap (c0t1d0s1)
- Configuring /var (c0t1d0s5)
- Configuring /export/home1 (c0t1d0s6)
- Automatically configuring disks for Solaris operating system
- Deselecting unmodified disk (c0t0d0)
- Deselecting unmodified disk (c1t4d0)

Thomas
From: Casper H.S. Dik on
Thomas Glanzmann <sithglan(a)stud.uni-erlangen.de> writes:

>Hello,
>today I installed Solaris 10 08/07 via jumpstart. It complains about the
>following three packages with the error message "WARNING: Unknown package
>ignored". But this package is not only on the original media but also installed
>by the very same jumpstart installation that complains about it. So now
>I want to know where this error comes from. I already tracked it down to
>the binary blob pinstall. Is the source of pinstall available or where
>can I find the catalog file that pinstall accesses?

What is the jumpstart profile you have specified for that host?

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.
From: Thomas Glanzmann on
Hello Casper,

> What is the jumpstart profile you have specified for that host?

install_type initial_install
system_type standalone
cluster SUNWCprog

package SUNWaccu add
package SUNWaccr add
package SUNWi2cs add
package SUNWceuos add
package SUNWdeiso1 add

filesys c0t1d0s0 8000 /
filesys c0t1d0s1 4000 swap
filesys c0t1d0s5 16000 /var
filesys c0t1d0s6 free /export/home1

Thomas
From: Alex Kiernan on
Thomas Glanzmann <sithglan(a)stud.uni-erlangen.de> writes:

> package SUNWi2cs add
> package SUNWceuos add
> package SUNWdeiso1 add

From memory you can't select localisation packages using package.

--
Alex Kiernan, Principal Engineer, Development, THUS PLC
From: Thomas Glanzmann on
Hello Alex,

>> package SUNWi2cs add
>> package SUNWceuos add
>> package SUNWdeiso1 add

> From memory you can't select localisation packages using package.

could you enlighten me how to do it properly?

Thomas