From: vitaminx on
Hello,

as the subject already describes I cannot find out how to make Evolution
display the birthdays stored in my ldap addressbook.

The addressbook itself is read without problems (i use the evolution
ldap scheme).

does anyone have a hint where to search or is evolution generally
incapable of reading the birthdays out of ldap sources?

greetings,
vitaminx

--
mail: vitaminx(a)callistix.net
www : http://www.callistix.net

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 21:55:15 +0100, vitaminx in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as the subject already describes I cannot find out how to make Evolution
> display the birthdays stored in my ldap addressbook.
>
> The addressbook itself is read without problems (i use the evolution
> ldap scheme).
>
> does anyone have a hint where to search or is evolution generally
> incapable of reading the birthdays out of ldap sources?

Don't know for sure; Have you installed the necessary sync plugins for
Evolution?

Hi,

yes, all the plugins (incl. the experimental ones) are installed... still
the calendar doesn't show the birthdays.

greetings,
vitaminx

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 10:49:38 +0100, vitaminx in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:

> Hi,
>
> yes, all the plugins (incl. the experimental ones) are installed... still
> the calendar doesn't show the birthdays.

Please bottom post on this list. 8-D

Well like I said I don't use evolution with LDAP; but perhaps the following
plugins will help, assuming you don't have them installed already.

libmultisync-plugin-evolution
opensync-plugin-evolution

Update: You didn't mention in your OP if you search online; Here is
something I found that may be helpful. There is a plethora of what appear to
be useful links via Google; so if the following doesn't help, please do a
search.

<http://www.debian-administration.org/users/lee/weblog/32>