From: Silene on
How to I make a one specific nonworking day a working day (e.g.: 2 resources
had to work last weekend), how to make these 2 days working days for these 2
resources only.

Txs,

Silene

From: JulieS on
Hello Silene,
You'll need to change each resource's calendar. Double click on
the resource's name in the Resource Sheet. Click the Working
Time button and make the date working time.

If you are recording actual work in a time-phased view (Task
Usage or Resource Usage), you can also just record the actual
work on the weekend without having to alter the calendar.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

From: Silene on
Sorry Julie, I have MS 2007, where is the working time button. I only see
Change working time and then work weeks to change the settings that it doesn't
work only for one specific day!?

The second option I didn't understand at all. I can see the working hours of
the resource (it is what you call recording actual work?) but I cant edit at
all on this view.

Txs

From: JulieS on
Don't apologize, Silene -- you're on the right track. Double
click on the resource's name to show the Resource Information
dialog. Click the "Change Working time" button to show the
resource's calendar. Click the day(s) in the calendar you wish
to change. Click the Exceptions tab and supply a name for the
exception. Press the tab key and the selected dates should
automatically fill in under Start and Finish. Click the details
button to open the details window. Choose the "Working time"
button and enter the working time in the grid if the default
working time is incorrect. Click OK to close the Details window.
Click OK to close the Change Working time.

My second suggestion was to use the Task Usage or Resource Usage
view. Right click in the time-scaled (right hand side) portion
of the view and select "Actual Work" from the shortcut menu. You
can then record Actual Work on the assignment line for the
resource or task on any day the work occurred.

From: Silene on
I really was in the right track. My mistake was not to go to details after
the exceptions tab.
Both options worked. Txs a lot. But what I didn't say in the beginning is,
the resources are in an global salary, they don't get paid for extra work
but we want to show the hours worked! Where do I cancel the rate for these 2
days or I have to work differently?
Can you help me on that?!!