From: Leif Pedersen [MVP] on
Hi,

Did you try to run the policytest program (should be on the exchange server
cd). If that program fails you run exchange setup /domainprep.

Leif

From: Elco on
I ran the Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer and then I ran the
Permissions test and there was no critical errors. Would this perform
the same function as the Policy test?

From: Elco on
I ran Policytest.exe and everything is ok. I then reinstalled Exchange
SP2 and still the same issue.

From: Heath on
On May 31, 1:36 pm, Elco <elc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an Exchange Server on 2003 Enterprise. Just a couple of days
> exchange services stopped running. I tried to start the following
> services:
> Exchange Information Store
> Exchange MTA Stacks
> Exchange System Attendant
> but they will not start and they log MSExchangeSA 1005,9149,and 1028
> event ids. i have done searching on the internet and Microsoft, but
> none of the rec. fixes work. I relatively new to Exchange, so any help
> would be greatly appreciated.

This sounds very similar to a problem I had. Have you edited any HOSTS
files or DNS entries lately? Make sure your HOSTS file is clean and
free of errors.

From: Elco on
*************SOLVED!!!!***************

Here is what I did to correct the problem. It was a few issues,
permissions problem and corrupt database
1. stop all exchange services
2. Created a New Share on the drive, for the tracking log
3. Added "Exchange Enterprise Server" and gave it Full Control
4. Reapaired the corrupt priv1.edb and pub1.edb database, using the
eseutil.exe utility
5. Started all Exchange services and mounted both Info Stores

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Event id: 1025
Next: IIS relay server in DMZ