From: Elco on
I have an Exchange Server on 2003 Enterprise. Just a couple of days
exchange services stopped running. I tried to start the following
services:
Exchange Information Store
Exchange MTA Stacks
Exchange System Attendant
but they will not start and they log MSExchangeSA 1005,9149,and 1028
event ids. i have done searching on the internet and Microsoft, but
none of the rec. fixes work. I relatively new to Exchange, so any help
would be greatly appreciated.

From: Leif Pedersen [MVP] on
Hi,

Often when Exchange system attendant won' start it is caused by AD or DNS
problems.

Try to start exchange system attendant and then post the complete error
messages logged in the application log.

Leif

From: Elco on
When I try to start the System Attendant I get a popup error tht says
"The Microsoft Exhchange System Attendant service on Local Computer
started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they
have no work to do, for example, the Performance logs and Alert
Services" then it generates the following Appkication Event Ids:

Event ID: 1005
Source: MSExchnageSA
Category: General
Type: Error
User: N/A
Computer: Mailer
Descrition: "Unexpected error Access is denied. Facility Win32 ID
c0070005 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant occurred"

Event ID: 9149
Source: MSExchnageSA
Category: General
Type: Error
User: N/A
Computer: Mailer
Descrition: "Microsoft Exchange System Attendant failed to start
Exchange server 'MAILER': Error code 0xc0070005"

Event ID: 1028
Source: MSExchnageSA
Category: General
Type: Error
User: N/A
Computer: Mailer
Descrition: "Unable to creat the message tracking directory 'F:\"
Error code 0xc0070005"

From: Leif Pedersen [MVP] on
Hi,

Haven't seen that problem myself but there are a couple of similar events
here - have you seen those?

http://groups.google.dk/groups/search?q=Unexpected+error+Access+is+denied.+Facility+Win32+ID+c0070005+Microsoft+Exchange+System+Attendant+occurred

Did you do anything special to get this error??

From: Elco on
I have tried those and they didn't help. Any other suggestions?
Leif Pedersen [MVP] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Haven't seen that problem myself but there are a couple of similar events
> here - have you seen those?
>
> http://groups.google.dk/groups/search?q=Unexpected+error+Access+is+denied.+Facility+Win32+ID+c0070005+Microsoft+Exchange+System+Attendant+occurred
>
> Did you do anything special to get this error??
>
> Leif
>
> "Elco" <elco69(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> > When I try to start the System Attendant I get a popup error tht says
> > "The Microsoft Exhchange System Attendant service on Local Computer
> > started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they
> > have no work to do, for example, the Performance logs and Alert
> > Services" then it generates the following Appkication Event Ids:
> >
> > Event ID: 1005
> > Source: MSExchnageSA
> > Category: General
> > Type: Error
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: Mailer
> > Descrition: "Unexpected error Access is denied. Facility Win32 ID
> > c0070005 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant occurred"
> >
> > Event ID: 9149
> > Source: MSExchnageSA
> > Category: General
> > Type: Error
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: Mailer
> > Descrition: "Microsoft Exchange System Attendant failed to start
> > Exchange server 'MAILER': Error code 0xc0070005"
> >
> > Event ID: 1028
> > Source: MSExchnageSA
> > Category: General
> > Type: Error
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: Mailer
> > Descrition: "Unable to creat the message tracking directory 'F:\"
> > Error code 0xc0070005"
> >

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Event id: 1025