From: Ricardo Furtado on
I'm trying to get into game programing with visual c++.
I'm using the examples of a book i bought (ultimate game programming with
directx) and whenever i try to build the solution i get the following error
message from the VC++ compiler:

fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'd3dx9.lib'

I've already went to the "Solution properties page" and added the following
lines to the "debug source files":
C:\Programas\Microsoft DirectX SDK (March 2009)\Include
C:\Programas\Microsoft DirectX SDK (March 2009)\Lib\x86

but even with those lines i get the same message from the compiler.
I've also tried to change the following lines:
#pragma comment(lib, "d3d9.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "d3dx9.lib")

to something like:
#pragma comment(lib, "C:\\Programas\\Microsoft DirectX SDK (March
2009)\\Lib\\x86\\d3dx9.lib")

Does anyone has an idea on how can i solve the problem?

My thanks in advanced