From: Fergus McMenemie on
Hi,

Anybody out there using a vodaphone femtocell to improve reception
within their home etc.

Vodaphone suggested I try one of these to improve the very poor
reception around my home. However my bandwidth cap is rather low
at 2G a month and I was wondering how much bandwidth the femtocell
requires when:-

Phone is in use making calls

Phone is idle around the house

Phone is off or well away from the house

Regards Ferg
From: R. Mark Clayton on

"Fergus McMenemie" <fergus(a)twig-me-uk.not.here> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Anybody out there using a vodaphone femtocell to improve reception
> within their home etc.
>
> Vodaphone suggested I try one of these to improve the very poor
> reception around my home. However my bandwidth cap is rather low
> at 2G a month and I was wondering how much bandwidth the femtocell
> requires when:-
>
> Phone is in use making calls

Depends on configuration, but about 16kbps each way. Equivalent to hours
per day.

> Phone is idle around the house

Negligible

> Phone is off or well away from the house

Even more negligible - local polls probably don't count in the 2G

From: Roger on

"Fergus McMenemie" <fergus(a)twig-me-uk.not.here> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Anybody out there using a vodaphone femtocell to improve reception
> within their home etc.
>
> Vodaphone suggested I try one of these to improve the very poor
> reception around my home. However my bandwidth cap is rather low
> at 2G a month and I was wondering how much bandwidth the femtocell
> requires when:-
>
> Phone is in use making calls
>
> Phone is idle around the house
>
> Phone is off or well away from the house
>
> Regards Ferg

Get over to DealExtreme and buy a home mobile repeater system.
One aerial outside, one in the house. Two way boost for your mobile.
Or you could make your own passive repeater with nothing more than
two aerials and coax.

From: Rupert Moss-Eccardt on
Roger wrote:
> "Fergus McMenemie" <fergus(a)twig-me-uk.not.here> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Anybody out there using a vodaphone femtocell to improve reception
>> within their home etc.
>>
>> Vodaphone suggested I try one of these to improve the very poor
>> reception around my home. However my bandwidth cap is rather low
>> at 2G a month and I was wondering how much bandwidth the femtocell
>> requires when:-
>>
>> Phone is in use making calls
>>
>> Phone is idle around the house
>>
>> Phone is off or well away from the house
>>
>> Regards Ferg
>
> Get over to DealExtreme and buy a home mobile repeater system.
> One aerial outside, one in the house. Two way boost for your mobile.
> Or you could make your own passive repeater with nothing more than
> two aerials and coax.

DealExtreme.co.uk seems off-air at the moment and .com doesn't seem to
have such things. Any hints of elsewhere?
From: Bob Eager on
On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 18:37:24 +0100, Rupert Moss-Eccardt wrote:

>> Get over to DealExtreme and buy a home mobile repeater system. One
>> aerial outside, one in the house. Two way boost for your mobile. Or
>> you could make your own passive repeater with nothing more than two
>> aerials and coax.
>
> DealExtreme.co.uk seems off-air at the moment and .com doesn't seem to
> have such things. Any hints of elsewhere?

You missed it....

Might or might not be suitable but take another look...there may be more.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org