From: seeker on
The following query does not show the ID field. This is imperative because
data change is dependent upon this field showing.

select member_time.id, member_time.date, member_time.timein,
member_time.timeout from member_time where member_time.date = #4/16/2010#

This is written in a access database.

Thanks
From: Jerry Whittle on
That's strange. Maybe it's hidden? Try this:

SELECT member_time.id,
member_time.date,
member_time.timein,
member_time.timeout,
member_time.id as TheID
FROM member_time
WHERE member_time.date = #4/16/2010# ;

If that doesn't work, try this:

SELECT member_time.id,
member_time.date,
member_time.timein,
member_time.timeout
FROM member_time
ORDER BY member_time.id desc ;
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: seeker on
I suspect that it is hidden. How do you unhide a field. I have check the
property sheet of the table and see nothing. Thanks. The queries you shared
showed all fields except the id and TheId fields.

From: John Spencer on
In datasheet view, select FORMAT: Unhide columns.

In Access 2007, you will have to find the equivalent in the Ribbon.

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: Daryl S on
Seeker -

Is there a column title for the ID field and no data, or is the column title
not even showing?

Did you try putting square brackets around the ID field name (e.g.
member_time.[id])?

Is this in a query def or in code? If it is in code, copy/paste it into a
query (SQL View), and see if that shows it.

It it is in code, can you post the code?

--
Daryl S