From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9_Fournier?= on
On 2009-12-15, at 11:55 PM, Richard Quadling wrote:

> Do you have a default stream context defined for the http stream?

Nope.

> A _LONG_ time ago, when I was using a firewall with NTLM
> authentication (which PHP doesn't deal with), I had to route all my
> calls through a local proxy.
>
> This was the code I had ...
>
> <?php
> // Define the default, system-wide context.
> $r_default_context = stream_context_get_default(
> array(
> 'http' => array( // All HTTP requests are passed through the local
> NTLM proxy server on port 8080.
> 'proxy' => 'tcp://127.0.0.1:8080',
> 'request_fulluri' => True,
> ),
> )
> );
>
> // Though we said system wide, some extensions need a little coaxing.
> libxml_set_streams_context($r_default_context);
>

> Now, you may not see this in your code, but may be in a script which
> is loaded via auto_prepend_file.

Wish it were, but my test code is bare bones.

> I would also suggest running something like WireShark at the same time
> as your script. See if there is ANY traffic over the wire.
>
> Do the cURL and file_get_contents() code generate identical requests?

cURL -- both PHP and command-line -- fetches files and URLs (remote and local) w/o issues. file_get_contents() fetches files, but fails on all URLs (remote and local). This is why I believe the problem lies with the machine's configuration and not the Firewall.

It's pretty confounding, isn't it? I'm not sure what to do at this point.

....Rene

From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9_Fournier?= on