From: lenny109 on
Hi,
We have a sbs 2003 with also a TS server. Over the last week many of our
login profiles seem to have become corrupted and when a user logs in they
get a screen as if it is the first time they have logged in with only the
basic icons and their individual settings not installed. In TSserver/users
there have appeared two sets of folders for each user. The 'username'
folder, which has always been there and also a new one called
'username(SERVERNAME)'. I have had to copy all the data from the
'username(SERVERNAME)' folder and transfer it into a new 'username' folder.
This seems to have worked but I am sure something is wrong.

This brings me to another point. Many files have also now copied themselves
to the same location as the original but with the extra name in brackets
e.g. 'filename(SERVERNAME)' attached and the original files are not opening.
This is causing us major problems with the databases we run. What could be
causing this? What can I do to stop it from happening? and is there a
quicker fix than copying, pasting and deleting files?

Cheers
Lenny

From: Dave Patrick on
I'd check the event log for clues. One thing that might trigger this is if
some permissions changed denying access to some or all of the profile
directory.

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: lenny109 on
Hi,
I can't find anything obvious id the event logs. I have just taken another
look at the files though and they actually say 'filename (from Servername)'.

From: Dave Patrick on
You might want to download the diagnostic tools from the disk manufacturers
web site. Disk may be failing and or file system corruption.

From: lenny109 on
I will do that but there is no other sign of disk failure occurring
including nothing on the event viewer. The rest of the system seems to be
working just fine. What about something to do with SugarSync online backup?
I have that installed on both computers. Today I have deleted the program
but of course it is too late.