From: m galvin on
I have a form with the fields: date, client, atty, time, billable and
description. All these fields update the Time Sheet Table.

I want the atty field to automatically take the attorney's name from the
table Attorney which contains one field called Atty.

So for I can only figure out how to use a combo box to chose the Attorney
table field.
From: Duane Hookom on
You could set the default value of the control using DLookup().
=DLookup("Atty","tblAttorney")
This could be a locked combo box that displays whatever value you want or
can derive from tblAttorney.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"m galvin" wrote:

> Duane,
>
> I do that now. I want to eliminate the combo box. I want the control to
> show the atty's initials without having to use a combo box. Example: when
> the user opens the form the would see: Date: blank box, Client: blank
> box, Atty: DH (using your initials for this example), Time: blank box,
> and the user would input the info. The initials (DH) displayed in the Atty
> control I am trying to use the source Attorney Table, Atty Field in the
> Table. I can not figure out how to do this. With the combo box I am using
> now the user selects the atty's initials from the drop down list. In this
> case the list would list only one set of initials, DH, which is the only
> atty stored in the Attorney Table.
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Your combo box to select the atty value can be set to display the atty, the
> > name, or both based on the Row Source, Column Count, and Column Widths. You
> > only want to store the atty field.
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "m galvin" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a form with the fields: date, client, atty, time, billable and
> > > description. All these fields update the Time Sheet Table.
> > >
> > > I want the atty field to automatically take the attorney's name from the
> > > table Attorney which contains one field called Atty.
> > >
> > > So for I can only figure out how to use a combo box to chose the Attorney
> > > table field.

Pages: 1
Prev: access report
Next: Wow what a help this guy is