From: Enning Martin on
Hello everybody,

I have a problem using startup.m

I want an m-file to start automatically when opening MATLAB. So I called it startup.m

This works fine, but I would like MATLAB to finish initializing before the m-file is executed.

Is this possible?
From: dpb on
Enning Martin wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a problem using startup.m
>
> I want an m-file to start automatically when opening MATLAB. So I called
> it startup.m
>
> This works fine, but I would like MATLAB to finish initializing before
> the m-file is executed.
>
> Is this possible?

startup.m is called _after_ matlabrc.m which does general Matlab
initializations.

What is the actual problem you're encountering and what makes you think
Matlab hasn't finished it's default initialization prior to invoking
setup.m?