From: Adam on
Sounds like I am also having the same problem did any one find a solution to this. Maybe upgrade to Office 2010.

Thanks eggs

Adam

Le wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem. Any update on this? Any help from Microsoft?
24-Jul-08

I am having the exact same problem. Any update on this? Any help from
Microsoft? The blinking is about to drive me crazy.

On Wednesday, April 23, 2008 2:53 PM
B wrote:

Outlook 2007 "blinking" issue in the inbox with PST files.
Hi.
I am a PC Technician and have multiple computers have this issue. Our shop
upgraded from Office XP to Office 2007... and we left Frontpage XP installed.

The issue is that Outlook 2007 "blinks" as if it was trying to create a new
personal folders file and can't. If you let it do it it will continue for
days then create multiple "personal folders" items that Outlook can't open
because they don't exist. I've rebuilt the windows profile only copying over
documents/favorites/desktop folders, created a new PST file and then removed
it after it prompted me to find the personal folder it was looking for but
the issue will still remain and both don't resolve the issue. I have also
used Scanpst to scan the PST files and it finds and fixes errors in them. My
only conclusion is that there is a PST folder that is getting too large and
being corrupted and Outlook it trying to auto-create a new non-corrupted PST
file.

My question is what would cause this action by Outlook 2007 and is there one
setting or solution that I deploy that would prevent Outlook to stop
"blinking" or auto-creating new personal folders?

On Wednesday, April 23, 2008 3:06 PM
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] wrote:

This sounds a lot like a corrupted Outlook profile.
This sounds a lot like a corrupted Outlook profile. Try creating a new one
and see if the problem persists. In general, you should uninstall old
versions of Outlook rather than overwrite them with a newer version.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918/en-us
How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2007 and in Outlook 2003

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh(a)kvoa.com
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"BN" <BN(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
installed.
new
over
removed
My
and
PST
one

On Wednesday, April 23, 2008 3:26 PM
B wrote:

We have recreated the outlook profiles however it doesn't resolve the issue
We have recreated the outlook profiles however it doesn't resolve the issue
and the thing that seems to help the most is rebuilding their windows profile
but we've had them contact us about it again after 1-2 months of it being
fine.

I agree that our shop should have uninstalled Office XP completely then
installed Office 2007. The top-down decision was to leave Frontpage for
whatever reason and we have hundreds of computers. So essentially it becomes
a big enough of an issue to redo the install to see if that is the cause
however we're unable to pinpoint the cause. That makes it hard to fix for
good as it happens so randomly with different computers. The next step
possibly if there are no other solutions/settings I'm overlooking is to try
uninstall office xp, reinstall office 2007 and check back in with the users.

In my mind it seems like a personal folder that is becoming corrupted and
needs repaired however that still leaves me wondering why Outlook 2007
automatically tries to create a new personal folder, gets stuck, causing the
"blinking".

Thanks for your quick response & hope to hear more from you,
Joe

"Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" wrote:

On Thursday, July 24, 2008 11:16 AM
Le wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem. Any update on this? Any help from Microsoft?
I am having the exact same problem. Any update on this? Any help from
Microsoft? The blinking is about to drive me crazy.

A Framework to Animate WPF and Silverlight Pages Similar to the PowerPoint Slides
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/7390a840-dd39-4c35-9940-c7354940d878/a-framework-to-animate-wp.aspx