From: Daisy320 on
When I scroll down through my inbox it marks all of the items read but I
haven't opened them up. It just started doing this- how do I shut it off so
that it only marks an item read when I open it up???
From: Orland, Kathleen on
Do you have auto-preview enabled? Perhaps Outlook is set to mark something
as read after X seconds which means as soon as you highlight it, it's marked
as read. And it's likely set to mark an email as read as soon as you change
your selection.

You don't include your version of Outlook so these instructions are
approximate:

Tools > Options > Other (tab) > Preview Pane (button) > uncheck the box that
says Mark messages as read in the preview pane. Then click OK.

--

Kathleen Orland
Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon