From: Big and Blue on
Dave Farrance wrote:

> However, I've tried the Flashplayer 10.1 beta and that's *much* better.
> But it's 32-bit only at the moment and will not run on 64-bit Linux.

Works for me on Mandriva-2010 64-bit. Although I am using a 32-bit Firefox
on it.

either you or I have to believe it.
From: Dave Farrance on
Regarding my earlier comment in this thread about Flashplayer 10.1 beta for
Linux seemingly giving better support for multiple cores and yet not
supporting video acceleration -- this turns out to be correct. Video
acceleration will be supported in the Windows version but *not* the Linux
version.

If anybody is concerned about this, then please get an account on Adobe's
bugzilla and add a vote for each of these two bugs:

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-1152 (Support the VDPAU API)

and even better, the new platform independent Linux video acceleration API
(which has a backend for nVidia's VDPAU and others):

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-3146 (Support Acceleration via VA-API)

--
Dave Farrance
From: Tony Houghton on
In <v8luh5lc2e5ofl3cb9pf7ne9rirk4or7as(a)4ax.com>,
Dave Farrance <DaveFarrance(a)OMiTTHiSyahooANDTHiS.co.uk> wrote:

> Regarding my earlier comment in this thread about Flashplayer 10.1 beta for
> Linux seemingly giving better support for multiple cores and yet not
> supporting video acceleration -- this turns out to be correct. Video
> acceleration will be supported in the Windows version but *not* the Linux
> version.
>
> If anybody is concerned about this, then please get an account on Adobe's
> bugzilla and add a vote for each of these two bugs:
>
> http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-1152 (Support the VDPAU API)
>
> and even better, the new platform independent Linux video acceleration API
> (which has a backend for nVidia's VDPAU and others):
>
> http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-3146 (Support Acceleration via VA-API)

That's like running before it can walk. If it just supported basic
hardware scaling (Xv?) it would be a start. I think I read that it is
supposed to, but I've never seen it working.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk
First  |  Prev  |