From: mayayana on
An error I've never seen before, and I'm not
sure what to look for:
"float inexact result"

Crash happens only after program has exited
and only when compiled. "float inexact result"
was the error shown in VC++ debugging. The
error shown in Windows varies. I can't think of
anything I've changed. In fact the program works
fine, but will crash on exit even if I do nothing but
open the program and then close it. The "Remove
floating point error checks" compile option is
selected, but I always select that.

(I've been Googling this but mostly only turning
up links to "bigresource.com", which seems to be
an operation partnering with Google. I haven't
been able to get that site to work at all. Lots of
relevant questions, but no answers posted. Maybe
it requires script... I don't know.)

O.T.: I've just noticed that my copy of Win7 RC
doesn't see any FAT32 data partitions! Is that
a "feature" of Win7? Or maybe it's part of Microsoft's
gradual disablement plan for the RC?

From: Nobody on
"mayayana" <mayayana(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> An error I've never seen before, and I'm not
> sure what to look for:
> "float inexact result"

This has nothing to do with floating points. See this article:

INFO: Visual Basic Uses Exception Code 0xC000008F as Internal Exception Code
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;232829

From: Nobody on
"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote in message
> "mayayana" <mayayana(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> An error I've never seen before, and I'm not
>> sure what to look for:
>> "float inexact result"
>
> This has nothing to do with floating points. See this article:
>
> INFO: Visual Basic Uses Exception Code 0xC000008F as Internal Exception
> Code
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;232829

One possible reason is binary compatibility. What the article is saying that
a property or method failed for some reason.

From: mayayana on

> One possible reason is binary compatibility.

It's a plain EXE, not an ActiveX EXE.

> What the article is saying that
> a property or method failed for some reason.

Thanks. That doesn't tell me much, but it
saves wasted time chasing after floating point
issues. I guess I should look at the forms
unloading.

From: ralph on
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 14:49:33 -0500, "mayayana"
<mayayana(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

>> One possible reason is binary compatibility.
>
> It's a plain EXE, not an ActiveX EXE.

In that case it still amounts to essentially the same thing. Often
just a project clean-up will take care of the problem. Full compile,
exit, delete extraneous files, etc. (delete any OCAs laying around in
particular).

-ralph
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3