From: Rob on
Hi

I would like to footnote the source of my material on my slide with a
pointer to a location at the end of my presentation. I would like these
footnotes to be usable in hardcopy of the presentation. How can I do this?

Thanks,
Rob
From: Bill Dilworth on
Hi Rob,

There are a couple of ways, depending on how you want it to look and behave.
You have to be careful with terminology, because slides have footnote
placeholders. It sounds like you do not want the footnotes on the slide,
but at the end in an appendix style slide. Before we get into the fun, a
few questions ...

1. Are you looking for fully automatic updating and footnoting? Or will you
be handling the updating of this?
2. Do you want to click on a button and have the computer add a "footnote"
number and ask you the information, then add it to the footnote slide
automatically?
3. Do you want to show the footnote page, or just have it print out?
4. How much control do you have over the machine this will be done on (admin
rights)?
5. Do you do any coding?

Bill D.

From: Rob on
Hi Bill,

answers below:

Regards
Rob

"Bill Dilworth" wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> There are a couple of ways, depending on how you want it to look and behave.
> You have to be careful with terminology, because slides have footnote
> placeholders. It sounds like you do not want the footnotes on the slide,
> but at the end in an appendix style slide. Before we get into the fun, a
> few questions ...
>
> 1. Are you looking for fully automatic updating and footnoting? Or will you
> be handling the updating of this?

automatic
> 2. Do you want to click on a button and have the computer add a "footnote"
> number and ask you the information, then add it to the footnote slide
> automatically?

that would be great!
> 3. Do you want to show the footnote page, or just have it print out?

hmmm -- ideally, I would like to do both; minimally, i would like to print
it out. do I have to choose between these?
> 4. How much control do you have over the machine this will be done on (admin
> rights)?

I own the machine containing the PowerPoint -- production (creating the pdf
and printing) occurs elsewhere
> 5. Do you do any coding?

no -- but I can hack it if I have a sample :)

> Bill D.
>

> "Rob" <Rob(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I would like to footnote the source of my material on my slide with a
> > pointer to a location at the end of my presentation. I would like these
> > footnotes to be usable in hardcopy of the presentation. How can I do
> > this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rob
>

> .