From: Alex on
My Xerox Phaser 6120 thinks it has a password, and won't let me
reconfigure it without it, via either the front panel or the web
interface. RTFMing tells me how to restore factory settings - once
I'm logged in. It also tells me the default admin password for the
web interface: doesn't work.

There has to be a way to force-reset this thing, but neither the
manual nor google have been forthcoming. All clues appreciated.

From: Arthur Entlich on
Probably the best approach is to contact Xerox about this, especially if
you can provide proof of ownership.

I should warm you that some products do not have any user access to
getting around a password or reprogramming it and it must be done via a
service depot sometimes with special software or interfacing devices.

But, Xerox will be the one to know, since they designed the firmware.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

Alex wrote:
> My Xerox Phaser 6120 thinks it has a password, and won't let me
> reconfigure it without it, via either the front panel or the web
> interface. RTFMing tells me how to restore factory settings - once
> I'm logged in. It also tells me the default admin password for the
> web interface: doesn't work.
>
> There has to be a way to force-reset this thing, but neither the
> manual nor google have been forthcoming. All clues appreciated.

Pages: 1
Prev: HP 1400 series
Next: Can no longer scan on HP 3055