From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Leythos" <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>

| In article <7gdl9qF2p2s53U1(a)mid.individual.net>,
| rhondaleakirk(a)earthling.net says...
>> But it has given me an idea--the very next time someone I really don't like
>> has a computer problem, I'm sending that person straight to Butts. <evil
>> cackle>

| That's funny. I had never disliked anyone enough to do that, but it's
| funny!

Ditto ! :-)

--
Dave

From: Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries on
In news:h7sa080gq7(a)news6.newsguy.com,
David H. Lipman <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:
> From: "Leythos" <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
>
>> In article <7gdl9qF2p2s53U1(a)mid.individual.net>,
>> rhondaleakirk(a)earthling.net says...
>>> But it has given me an idea--the very next time someone I really
>>> don't like has a computer problem, I'm sending that person straight
>>> to Butts. <evil cackle>
>

>> That's funny. I had never disliked anyone enough to do that, but it's
>> funny!
>
> Ditto ! :-)

Well, I only dislike one person enough to do that, but he'll never come to
me for advice anyway. Just as well. I probably couldn't live with myself
afterward, but boy, it makes me laugh to think about it.

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

The right to be heard does not automatically include
the right to be taken seriously. Hubert H. Humphrey

From: Dustin Cook on
"Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries" <rhondaleakirk(a)earthling.net> wrote in

> One of the posters on a skydiving site I frequent is having a pop-up
> problem (but only on the skydiving site). The first pop-up he received
> said "welcome to sophalo.com." Of course, sophalo.com doesn't exist.
> Now he's getting this page:
>
> hxxp://shop2.forless.com/?pid=559&keywords=skydive
>
> No one else on the site has admitted to having a problem, so I
> suggested he try MBAM. No joy. He is, even as we speak, trying SAS,
> and I told him I would ask around about his problem in the meantime.
>
> I did some googling, and the two most interesting threads are these:
>
> http://www.windowskb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/windowsxp/266392/Pop-Ups
>
> http://www.windowskb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/windowsxp/266392/Pop-Ups
>
> I was hoping someone here might have some helpful input, and if so, I
> would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks much.

I'd suggest he visit the forums at malwarebytes and post for help. One
of our expert malware personal should be able to assist him with
whatever issue the person is having.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/

--
Dustin Cook [Malware Researcher]
MalwareBytes - http://www.malwarebytes.org
From: Dustin Cook on
"The Real Truth MVP" <trt(a)void.com> wrote in

> Since your vast knowledge thinks it is unregistered why don't you
> email them and tell them, I'm sure now David will.

Thinks? You've got to be kidding me. Load your file into a hex editor
sometime and have a look around. It's a complete message clear as day
explaining your not supposed to distribute anything because it's an
unlicensed self extractor; And you recently updated the winzip version you
were using. No doubt another effort to evade our software's scanning
engine, just like a malware author would.

From: Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries on
In news:Xns9C7CEA41E2101HHI2948AJD832(a)69.16.185.247,
Dustin Cook <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> "Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries" <rhondaleakirk(a)earthling.net> wrote in
>
>> One of the posters on a skydiving site I frequent is having a pop-up
>> problem (but only on the skydiving site). The first pop-up he
>> received said "welcome to sophalo.com." Of course, sophalo.com
>> doesn't exist. Now he's getting this page:
>>
>> hxxp://shop2.forless.com/?pid=559&keywords=skydive
>>
>> No one else on the site has admitted to having a problem, so I
>> suggested he try MBAM. No joy. He is, even as we speak, trying SAS,
>> and I told him I would ask around about his problem in the meantime.
>>
>> I did some googling, and the two most interesting threads are these:
>>
>> http://www.windowskb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/windowsxp/266392/Pop-Ups
>>
>> http://www.windowskb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/windowsxp/266392/Pop-Ups
>>
>> I was hoping someone here might have some helpful input, and if so, I
>> would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks much.
>
> I'd suggest he visit the forums at malwarebytes and post for help. One
> of our expert malware personal should be able to assist him with
> whatever issue the person is having.
>
> http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/

I'll let him know as soon as he posts back in the skydiving forum. I gave
him a link to HiJackThis, so he should be ready to go (assuming SAS or
AdAware didn't nail it for him).

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

The right to be heard does not automatically include
the right to be taken seriously. Hubert H. Humphrey

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: 9710_7840_MOSCHIP_MSUninst
Next: MalwareBytes & BitComet