From: JFB on
Hello,
Somebody here a while ago give me this class from msdn for FTP
Public Class clsFTP

I loop thru 4 different accounts from my ftp and get all the files but I the
same time I deleted the files.
All the time I was dealing with small amount of files without any issue
until today that I have to get couple thousands files and looks like the
connection stops after every 87 files.
I check my ftp account with a different ftp client and no issues. In my pc I
installed an app using vb.net 2005 and add the new framework.
This FTP app was built in vb.net 2003 and it's running under Windows 2003
server.
Any ideas?
It's a new FTP class somewhere for vs 2005 or vs 2008?
I was checking on google and I saw that new ftp class for 2008 is very slow
so I don't want to bother trying that.
Thanks in advance.

JFB

From: Rick on
I had the same problem with I class I made to download files from an FTP
site. When I traced it back it turned out to be the buffer size that I had
set for the socket.Receive command. In my case the original setting was 512
bytes. I increased to 1024 bytes and my problem went away.

I guess you would have to experiment with how big a buffer is necessary for
you to download all potential numbers of files.

There may be some other way to dynamically get this information and then set
the buffer accordingly, but I don't know what it is.

HTH,

Rick

From: J.B. Moreno on
In article <unKP31$VKHA.4704(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, JFB <jfb(a)help.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Somebody here a while ago give me this class from msdn for FTP
> Public Class clsFTP

Are you referring to:

ms-help://MS.VSCC.v80/MS.MSDN.v80/MS.KB.v10.en/enu_kbvbnetkb/vbnetkb/832679.htm

> I loop thru 4 different accounts from my ftp and get all the files but I the
> same time I deleted the files.
> All the time I was dealing with small amount of files without any issue
> until today that I have to get couple thousands files and looks like the
> connection stops after every 87 files.
> I check my ftp account with a different ftp client and no issues. In my pc I
> installed an app using vb.net 2005 and add the new framework.
> This FTP app was built in vb.net 2003 and it's running under Windows 2003
> server.
> Any ideas?
> It's a new FTP class somewhere for vs 2005 or vs 2008?
> I was checking on google and I saw that new ftp class for 2008 is very slow
> so I don't want to bother trying that.
> Thanks in advance.

There's the new ftpWebRequest, but no, no new FTP class. I'd try to
debug your app and see what is happening....

--
J.B. Moreno
From: Michel Posseth [MCP] on
FTP is still a bit buggy and not complete in the standard classes

i use a sockets level FTP class wich supports all FTP commands and works
flawless to Windows and Unix systems .

HTH

Michel

"JFB" <jfb(a)help.com> schreef in bericht