From: Ol�rin on
You might want to try the XP Games group (not sure exactly what it's called
in the web interface, but its "proper" name is
microsoft.public.windowsxp.games). Someone there may have experienced the
same problem. And/or it wouldn't hurt to try looking for support forums for
Mafia or the other games it's happened with.