From: oomesh on
Hi,

I have a C++ application built on Solaris 9 64 bit using gcc3.3.2
compiler. My application shows dependency on libgcc_s.so.1 and libstdc+
+.so.5.

I cannot re-destribute these files. During installation, I need to
check that on the end user's machine compatible version of libgcc_s.so.
1 and libstdc++.so.5 is available.

When I try `strings -a libgcc_s.so.* | grep "GCC"`, this shows me
"GCC_3.3.1".
If I get GCC_3.3.1 from the libgcc_s.so.1available on end user's
machine, can I be assured that my application will work correctly with
this version of libgcc_s.so.1.

For libstdc++ I can check the version in the file name itself.

Thanks in advance.
From: hume.spamfilter on
oomesh <udwaghode(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a C++ application built on Solaris 9 64 bit using gcc3.3.2
> compiler. My application shows dependency on libgcc_s.so.1 and libstdc+
> +.so.5.

Why not compile in the static versions?

--
Brandon Hume - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/
From: oomesh on
Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the reply.

Well, that is an option but not feasible as it will have changes in
multiple makefiles. Morever, I am not sure if it is recommended to use
static version of libgcc_s.so.1 and libstdc++.so.5.

Regards.