From: Marshall Barton on
pat67 wrote:

>hi here is what I need. I need to run a query that picks the data i
>specify from this week's Monday back to and including the previous
>week's Monday. i need it to run this way in case the query is not run
>on Monday. Example:
>
>if I were to run it today, i would get data from 3/15/2010 back to and
>including 3/8/2010. If i run it tomorrow, I get the same data.

The criteria for the date field could be something like:

Between DateAdd("d", -6-WeekDay(Date(),2), Date()) And
DateAdd("d", 1-WeekDay(Date(),2), Date())

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 10:03:16 -0700 (PDT), pat67 <pbuscio(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>> >= DateAdd("d", -6-Weekday(Date(), 2) , Date()) AND < DateAdd("d",1-weekday(Date(),2),Date())
>>
>> --
>>
>> � � � � � � �John W. Vinson [MVP]
>
>Ok. That is not working. I am getting too much data.

Sorry, my crystal ball is a bit foggy...

Please post your actual query, some sample data, and some of the dates that
you're seeing that you don't want to see.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: pat67 on
On Mar 18, 1:23 pm, John W. Vinson
<jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:

> >> --
>
> >> John W. Vinson [MVP]
>
> >Ok. That is not working. I am getting too much data.
>
> Sorry, my crystal ball is a bit foggy...
>
> Please post your actual query, some sample data, and some of the dates that
> you're seeing that you don't want to see.
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

you guys are all right and i am an idiot. all three are working. what
i am doing is a count of lines between those dates. for some reason
when i filtered for the dates in my table, all of the lines were not
picked up so when i checked with what you guys said, the totals were
off. They are correct no. Thanks
From: pat67 on
On Mar 18, 1:37 pm, pat67 <pbus...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> On Mar 18, 1:23 pm, John W. Vinson
>

> <jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:

> > >Ok. That is not working. I am getting too much data.
>
> > Sorry, my crystal ball is a bit foggy...
>
> > Please post your actual query, some sample data, and some of the dates that
> > you're seeing that you don't want to see.
> > --
>
> >              John W. Vinson [MVP]
>
> you guys are all right and i am an idiot. all three are working. what
> i am doing is a count of lines between those dates. for some reason
> when i filtered for the dates in my table, all of the lines were not
> picked up so when i checked with what you guys said, the totals were
> off. They are correct no. Thanks- Hide quoted text -

I actually do have one more question for any of you guys. The query is
working like i said, but could you explain to me hwo each part works
and how it dissemintaes the data?
From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 10:55:02 -0700 (PDT), pat67 <pbuscio(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>I actually do have one more question for any of you guys. The query is
>working like i said, but could you explain to me hwo each part works
>and how it dissemintaes the data?

Glad you got it working. To break this down:

>= DateAdd("d", -6-Weekday(Date(), 2) , Date()) AND < DateAdd("d",1-weekday(Date(),2),Date())

Work from the inside out. The Date() function returns today's date from the
computer clock. The Weekday() function returns the day of the week; the
(optional) 2 after the date means to start the week on Monday rather than the
default Sunday; the function returns numbers 1 through 7, with 1 meaning
Monday, 2 Tuesday and so on.

So since today is 3/18, Weekday(Date(), 2) is 4 (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu).
Subtracting 4 days from today using the DateAdd function, and then 6 more days
from that ( the -6-Weekday bit) gives the date of Monday last week. The second
dateadd does the same thing for the date of Monday this week.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last