From: pat67 on
hi here is what I need. I need to run a query that picks the data i
specify from this week's Monday back to and including the previous
week's Monday. i need it to run this way in case the query is not run
on Monday. Example:

if I were to run it today, i would get data from 3/15/2010 back to and
including 3/8/2010. If i run it tomorrow, I get the same data. Any
suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:53:06 -0700 (PDT), pat67 <pbuscio(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>hi here is what I need. I need to run a query that picks the data i
>specify from this week's Monday back to and including the previous
>week's Monday. i need it to run this way in case the query is not run
>on Monday. Example:
>
>if I were to run it today, i would get data from 3/15/2010 back to and
>including 3/8/2010. If i run it tomorrow, I get the same data. Any
>suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

That's a bit ambiguous. What range of dates do you want if the query *IS* run
on Monday? Two weeks ago through one week ago, or from a week ago through
today? If the date/time field contains a time portion do you want to see the
data *on* this week's Monday, or only up to midnight at the beginning of
Monday?

As posted try:

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: pat67 on
On Mar 18, 12:53 pm, John W. Vinson
<jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:53:06 -0700 (PDT), pat67 <pbus...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> >hi here is what I need. I need to run a query that picks the data i
> >specify from this week's Monday back to and including the previous
> >week's Monday. i need it to run this way in case the query is not run
> >on Monday. Example:
>
> >if I were to run it today, i would get data from 3/15/2010 back to and
> >including 3/8/2010. If i run it tomorrow, I get the same data. Any
> >suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
>
> That's a bit ambiguous. What range of dates do you want if the query *IS* run
> on Monday? Two weeks ago through one week ago, or from a week ago through
> today? If the date/time field contains a time portion do you want to see the
> data *on* this week's Monday, or only up to midnight at the beginning of
> Monday?
>
> As posted try:
>
> >= DateAdd("d", -6-Weekday(Date(), 2) , Date()) AND < DateAdd("d",1-weekday(Date(),2),Date())
>
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

I will try that. if it is run on monday then it would be that day to
the previous monday
From: pat67 on
On Mar 18, 12:53 pm, John W. Vinson
<jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:53:06 -0700 (PDT), pat67 <pbus...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> >hi here is what I need. I need to run a query that picks the data i
> >specify from this week's Monday back to and including the previous
> >week's Monday. i need it to run this way in case the query is not run
> >on Monday. Example:
>
> >if I were to run it today, i would get data from 3/15/2010 back to and
> >including 3/8/2010. If i run it tomorrow, I get the same data. Any
> >suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
>
> That's a bit ambiguous. What range of dates do you want if the query *IS* run
> on Monday? Two weeks ago through one week ago, or from a week ago through
> today? If the date/time field contains a time portion do you want to see the
> data *on* this week's Monday, or only up to midnight at the beginning of
> Monday?
>
> As posted try:
>
> >= DateAdd("d", -6-Weekday(Date(), 2) , Date()) AND < DateAdd("d",1-weekday(Date(),2),Date())
>
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

Ok. That is not working. I am getting too much data.
From: KARL DEWEY on
>>from this week's Monday back to and including the previous week's Monday.
Your wording says you want 8 days of data.
Between DateAdd("d",-Weekday(Date())+2,Date()) AND
DateAdd("d",-Weekday(Date())-5,Date())

Bear in mind that this works with dates that do not have any time associated
with them.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"pat67" wrote:

> hi here is what I need. I need to run a query that picks the data i
> specify from this week's Monday back to and including the previous
> week's Monday. i need it to run this way in case the query is not run
> on Monday. Example:
>
> if I were to run it today, i would get data from 3/15/2010 back to and
> including 3/8/2010. If i run it tomorrow, I get the same data. Any
> suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
> .
>
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3