From: spamlet on
No I don't want to have to stop what I'm doing and restart right now: and I
don't want to be pestered either!

Cheers,

From: Tom Willett on
Take a tranquilizer.

"spamlet" <spam.morespam(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
: No I don't want to have to stop what I'm doing and restart right now: and
: don't want to be pestered either!
:
: Cheers,
: S
:
:

From: Ǝиçεl on
When requesting help in a newsgroup or a forum, please state your full
Windows version, edition, and service pack level, IE version? and perhaps
what other antivirus Security suite and firewall or antimalware software you
may have installed.

Please do so in your next reply.
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375>
-=-

> No I don't want to have to stop what I'm doing and restart right now: and I
> don't want to be pestered either!

Turn off Automatic updates and fix/properly maintain your *own* computer.

Select the "Download updates but let me choose..." setting and don't approve
any updates until you're ready and willing to reboot, should the need arise.

See...

Automatic Updates in Vista
<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/windowsupdate/learn/windowsvista.mspx>

Windows Update and Automatic Reboots
<http://blogs.technet.com/mu/archive/2008/10/02/windows-update-and-automatic-reboots.aspx>
-=-

Ǝиçεl
◕‿◕
-=-

From: spamlet on
Sorry I'm used to the XP fora: XP Home SP3, IE8 (seldom used because a
painful slug); Avaast AV up to date: with email scanner off.

I have already gone to the trouble of cancelling autoupdate, and gone
through the lengthy 'manual' process 'you may get on with other things while
update goes on' ha ha: 'We will pester you and pester you until you give up
and turn off and reboot your pc' is what it ought to warn.

Now, how do I turn off this very annoying behaviour.

Cheers,

From: spamlet on
Already up to the eyeballs in them!

"Tom Willett" <tom(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
> Take a tranquilizer.
>
> "spamlet" <spam.morespam(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> : No I don't want to have to stop what I'm doing and restart right now:
> and
> : don't want to be pestered either!
> :
> : Cheers,
> : S
> :
> :
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Clients showing Yellow Triangle marks
Next: KB974417