From: teresa on
since yesterday when ever i try and open an icon on my desk top this message
comes up
windows cannot access the specified file, pathway you may not have
permission to access it?
what does this mean and how do i fix it????

Also about a week ago when i was on the internet these system messages kept
coming up saying my computer was in trouble and peple were trying to access
my personal information and i needed to upgrage my spyware. i couldnt go into
any programes except the windows security site and then i had to buy the 6
month protection to access anything on my computer. now that icon also is not
appearing on my desktop.

i don't know what to do please help/advice

From: peter on
You have been infected and hoaxed...the people you paid $$$ to are the ones
who placed the spyware
there........
Take your Machine to a professional computer shop and have them format the
drive
and reinstall your Operating System and all your Programs. Then reinstall
your personal stuff
from your backups.
peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

From: Elmo on
teresa wrote:
> Since yesterday, whenever I try and open an icon on my desk top this message
> comes up:
> "Windows cannot access the specified file, pathway. You may not have
> permission to access it."
> What does this mean and how do I fix it?
>
> Also, about a week ago when I was on the internet these system messages kept
> coming up saying my computer was in trouble, people were trying to access
> my personal information, and I needed to upgrade my spyware. I couldn't go into
> any programs except the Windows security site and then I had to buy the 6
> month protection to access anything on my computer. Now that icon also is not
> appearing on my desktop.
>
> I don't know what to do, please help/advise.

After doing as Peter suggested, have your credit card canceled.

--
Joe =o)