From: Palmtree on
After I did the non-destructive system restore I have two disk structures,
the new one and also "My old disk structure". Can all this "old" stuff be
deleted? It's taking up twice as much space on my computer?
From: Shenan Stanley on
Palmtree wrote:
> After I did the non-destructive system restore I have two disk
> structures, the new one and also "My old disk structure". Can all
> this "old" stuff be deleted? It's taking up twice as much space on
> my computer?

You are *not likely* speaking of any feature in Windows XP (The System
Restore in Windows XP doesn't have choices like 'destructive' or
'non-destructive' and only deals with a limited amount of information -
usually none of it yours.)

You are probably speaking of an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)
feature/process. The answer to your query lies within the methodology the
creator of said process used.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Billns on
On 4/19/2010 12:16 PM, Palmtree wrote:
> After I did the non-destructive system restore I have two disk structures,
> the new one and also "My old disk structure". Can all this "old" stuff be
> deleted? It's taking up twice as much space on my computer?

This is probably System Recovery, not System Restore. And, yes, your
best bet is to read the manual that came with your computer or contact
the computer manufacturer.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090730094327AAsngB3 gives
you more details abut the differences.

Bill