From: John on
Hi All,

I'm a sendmail newbie but I've been tasked with some configuration
issues.

Basically we have a host, arrakis.interest.com that has a host and DNS
alias of shaggy.interest.com.

What we'd like to happen is for the host to accept email only from the
original name and not the alias.

So, mailname(a)arrakis.interest.com would work, while
mailname(a)shaggy.interset.com would fail.

I'm pretty much a beginner to sendmail but is there anyway I can make
this happen?

Any and all guidance is appreciated.
From: Loki Harfagr on
Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:23:17 -0800, John did cat :

> Hi All,
>
> I'm a sendmail newbie but I've been tasked with some configuration
> issues.
>
> Basically we have a host, arrakis.interest.com that has a host and DNS
> alias of shaggy.interest.com.
>
> What we'd like to happen is for the host to accept email only from the
> original name and not the alias.
>
> So, mailname(a)arrakis.interest.com would work, while
> mailname(a)shaggy.interset.com would fail.
>
> I'm pretty much a beginner to sendmail but is there anyway I can make
> this happen?
>
> Any and all guidance is appreciated.

$ grep -A 12 relay_mail_from /usr/share/sendmail/cf/README
From: Andre on
Loki Harfagr wrote:

You could try to place the alias name in /et/mail/local-host-names.
together with it's IP address.
and test.
Let us know if it works.
Andre