From: mailnotmything on
I'm upgrading the server that a in-house program runs on. It uses
sendmail to receive and send responses. The program creates a qf and
df file and puts them in /var/spool/mqueue. It was running sendmail
from 2001 and has worked fine until this upgrade. The new server is
using sendmail v8.13. I get the following error messages in the mail
console log: readqf: no control file ./qfXXXXXX Permission denied or
readqf: ./dfXXXXXX incomplete queue file read. Does sendmail still
use the df and qf files? How does sendmail use them now vs. 2001
version?
From: Robert Bonomi on
In article <b3d414dc-9cf1-47db-9e26-8e7f8b89d29b(a)c29g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
mailnotmything <aeaston(a)shawneecourt.org> wrote:
>I'm upgrading the server that a in-house program runs on. It uses
>sendmail to receive and send responses. The program creates a qf and
>df file and puts them in /var/spool/mqueue. It was running sendmail
>from 2001 and has worked fine until this upgrade. The new server is
>using sendmail v8.13. I get the following error messages in the mail
>console log: readqf: no control file ./qfXXXXXX Permission denied or
>readqf: ./dfXXXXXX incomplete queue file read. Does sendmail still
>use the df and qf files? How does sendmail use them now vs. 2001
>version?

Sendmail has changed a number of configuration settings in that time.

ONE of those changes regarded the file-access permissions, and _ownership_
of queue files.

There was also at least one change that would have affected the control
file -- a different method of message-ID generation.

I'll guess that the files you're putting in to /var/spool/mqueue have the
wrong permissions and/or ownership. Or that you haven't updated the
control file syntax.