From: willywlm on
I had a situation last Fall where my Outlook preferences changed, it's now
becoming annoying.
Before I could open attachments with several pages, review them by page and
print as needed. Suddenly every attachment activates my CS2 program, this
change now causes me to read each page separately by going back and
reopening the attachment then go to the page each and every time?
From: VanguardLH on
willywlm(a)comcast.net wrote:

NOTE: Do not expose your true e-mail address in newsgroup posts. Spam bots
harvest e-mail address from Usenet. Munge your e-mail address or use a
bogus one (but do NOT use someone's registered domain).

> I had a situation last Fall where my Outlook preferences changed, it's now
> becoming annoying.
> Before I could open attachments with several pages, review them by page and
> print as needed. Suddenly every attachment activates my CS2 program,

So we have to guess as to what is CS2. Might that be Adobe PhotoShop CS2?
That's what comes up at the start of the results list on a Google search of
"CS2".

So is the problem happening with "every attachment" for all filetypes, or
just with the attachments supported by CS2?

> this
> change now causes me to read each page separately by going back and
> reopening the attachment then go to the page each and every time?

Since Outlook doesn't display attachments, this is not an Outlook issue.
The problem is with Windows and the associations defined for filetypes or
with CS2 usurping either the filetypes that you want to open with something
else or an add-on for CS2 in Outlook that is interferring with the saving or
opening of attachments.

For filetype associations in Windows, go to Folder Options -> File Types and
check what program is associated with the filetypes you was associated with
something other than CS2. It might only take clicking on the button to
revert to the default handler program. If a quick click doesn't let you
revert, right-click on the file, select Open With, browse to the program
(handler) that you want to use to open that filetype, and check the option
to remember your choice to thereafter associate that handler with that
filetype.

Maybe CS2 has an option to steal, er, adopt certain filetypes. So go look
in CS2's user-configurable options to see if there are some related to
filetype associations. There might even be an option to have CS2 steal back
the enabled filetypes should some other program (or you) attempt to steal
those filetypes. This is an Outlook newsgroup, not one for Photoshop.
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
What file type are the attachments?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?