From: NZ Nicola NZ on
i am trying to package up a powerpoint presenatation that contains an audio
track - which is an mp4 file. Within the presentation the sound file is
currently a linked file. I've tried using the 'package to cd' function but
I can still not get the sound to work when i then put the cd into other
computers. so how can i embed it instead? i've tried deleting the track,
raising the 'sound size limit' to 6000 kb and resinserting it-but that
doesnt work. the file is 5.3MB.

My plan is to ultimately email the presentation - but it's vital that the
sound plays with presso. Any ideas?
From: Michael Koerner on
The only files that get embedded into PowerPoint are .WAV files all other
files are linked. Unfortunately MP4 files are not one of the files that can
be linked or played through PowerPoint. You will have to convert it to MP3,
WMA, or WAV

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint