From: saskia34 on
Hello can anybody help me with duplicated characters.

I want character ( | ) more in a loop.

if count is 20 then show me 20 times the character |
Dim a As Char = (Chr(124))

thanks

From: Tom Lavedas on
On Oct 5, 3:53 pm, "saskia34" <nos...(a)hotmail.nl> wrote:
> Hello can anybody help me with duplicated characters.
>
> I want character ( | ) more in a loop.
>
> if count is 20 then show me 20 times the character |
> Dim a As Char = (Chr(124))
>
> thanks

From downloadable WSH help documentation(URL all one line):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=01592C48-207D-4BE1-8A76-1C4099D7BBB9&displaylang=en

<quote>
String Function

Returns a repeating character string of the length specified.

String(number, character)

</quote>

BTW, VBScript does not support strong typing of variables. All
variables are of type Variant. VB for applications (VBA) does support
such typing and it supports the Repeat() function, as well.
_____________________
Tom Lavedas
From: "Dave "Crash" Dummy" on
Tom Lavedas wrote:
> On Oct 5, 3:53 pm, "saskia34" <nos...(a)hotmail.nl> wrote:
>> Hello can anybody help me with duplicated characters.
>>
>> I want character ( | ) more in a loop.
>>
>> if count is 20 then show me 20 times the character | Dim a As Char
>> = (Chr(124))
>>
>> thanks
>
> From downloadable WSH help documentation(URL all one line):
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=01592C48-207D-4BE1-8A76-1C4099D7BBB9&displaylang=en
>

> <quote> String Function
>
> Returns a repeating character string of the length specified.
>
> String(number, character)
>
> </quote>

"String()" function easily found by entering "repeating characters" in
the index box of the above named reference.
--
Crash

"The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion."
~ Arnold H. Glasow ~
From: saskia34 on
Thanks guys i got the answer.

Dim a As New String("|"c, 20)

Thanks you

From: Bob Barrows on
ummm ... that's not vbscript ...
vbscript does not support the "Dim ... As ... " syntax. What language
were you asking about?