From: Matt G on
My laptop crashed while I was in MSP. when I restarted the laptop and tried
to open the file I had been in I got the following error message.

Project cannot recognise this file format. Do you want to open this file as
text only?

Any ideas?

Matthew
From: John on
In article <B6966565-1D3A-4668-87D7-E4C980550E41(a)microsoft.com>,
Matt G <MattG(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> My laptop crashed while I was in MSP. when I restarted the laptop and tried
> to open the file I had been in I got the following error message.
>
> Project cannot recognise this file format. Do you want to open this file as
> text only?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Matthew

Matthew,
Unfortunately if you can't open the file you are probably "hosed", as
they say. Your best bet is to open the latest backup or previous version
that is valid and start from there.

John
Project MVP