From: Totte on
I'm using MS Project 2003. Today when I open my previously saved project
plans I'm suddenly unable to save them.
Problem is easy for me to duplicate: File open ... File save
The error message is this:
"Cannot save Project.
Reason: Insufficient Project Information stated.
Please select a [Task Behaviour Model] for <filename> and try saving again.
On the [Project] Menu, select [Project Information]"
It's probalby an easy thing to fix but I can't find out what is missing.
Appriciate any help.
Regards
Totte
From: "JulieS" passport6847 at maine dot rr dot on
Hi Totte,

Are you using Project Server? Are there enterprise fields defined that
you have not completed the required information? See Project > Project
information and see if there are not fields that you have left
incomplete.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information
about Microsoft Project

From: Totte on
Hi Julie,
Thanks for the response.
I'm not using any project server.
In Collaboration / Options is Collaborate using set to Microsoft Office
Project Server. Setting this to None has no effect.
Project / Project Information has the following data:
Start date: 2006-12-18
Current date: 2007-04-04
Finish date: 2007-05-21 (greyed out)
Status date: NA
Schedule from: Project Start Date
Calendar: Standard
Enterprise Custom Fields: There is no fileds.

From: Totte on
Hi again Julie

Got it working now. There are a project server at our company but I'm not
using that, yet. So, the quick work around was to turn off the Pro Assistent.
I'm not sure why Pro Assistent was preventing me from saving but that I'll
dig into when I need it.

Thanks for Your assistans anyway.
Totte

From: "JulieS" passport6847 at maine dot rr dot on
Hi Totte,

I'm sorry I wasn't able to get back to you until now. Glad to know you
found the root of the problem and good luck with your Project server
installation. I'm not familiar with the "Pro Assistant" program you
mention -- it is not part of MS Project -- so I'm afraid I can't be much
of a help there.